We provide advice relating to a full range of commercial property issues and act for landlords and tenants of all types.
Our experience in commercial property law is extensive and varied.
We are able to deal with many types of transactions, including but not limited to:-
- Shop and retail leases
- Industrial units
- Office leases
- Cafés and sandwich bars.
We can advise on the following issues:-
- The sale, purchase and remortgage of business premises
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on transfers (assignments) of existing leases
- Drafting and negotiating short term lease/licence arrangements
- Sales of assets/share of business, which typically includes commercial property aspects
- Advice on commercial mortgages
- Extensions or renewals of existing leases
- Negotiating and advising on the termination of leases (lease surrender)
- Possession proceedings
- Advice and negotiation on rent reviews
- Advising on dilapidation issues and litigation
- Service charge issues.
When calculating the purchase of a property, acquisition costs must be quantified. Typical acquisition costs include:
- Valuation and survey fees
- Legal costs plus value added tax (VAT)
- The cost of searches and enquiries of public bodies (carried out as part of the legal due diligence process)
- Land Registry registration
- Stamp duty land tax.
It is also advisable to take advice on applicable tax charges prior to purchase. Capital gains tax is chargeable on gains made by UK resident individuals.