The Law Department has experience of working with IT companies and businesses outsourcing their IT requirements to third party suppliers.
Our expertise includes:-
- Software licences
- Software distribution agreements
- Software support and maintenance service agreements
- IT outsourcing
- Service level agreements
- Software development agreements
- Hardware procurement.
We have experience of drafting the following agreements:-
- Drafting and negotiating outsourcing agreements for helpdesk, payroll services, software maintenance and hardware maintenance
- Drafting software licences
- Drafting software development agreements and software maintenance agreements including advising in respect of service level agreements
- Advising customers and suppliers on the performance of their IT agreements and options when issues arise.
In addition, we have worked within e-commerce law to ensure websites operate within legal parameters. The Law Department has experience of auditing websites, drafting website terms and conditions and advising on the legal and practical commercial issues of running a website in accordance with the Distance Selling legislation.
Whether you require assistance in the early stage of purchasing domain names and appointing website designers or drafting terms and conditions of trading or e-commerce assistance, we are able to provide commercial and cost-effective legal advice. For further information about the potential risks that you expose your business to when using the internet or sending emails, please click here.
- Website terms and conditions
- Privacy policies
- Website user, design, hosting agreements
- Domain name acquisitions
- Compliance with consumer protection legislation
- Compliance with e-commerce legislation
- Data protection and privacy issues
- Trademark registrations.
The following examples provide a context for our work:-
- Supply of all terms and conditions required for websites, including website privacy policies, user agreements and terms and conditions of trading
- Advising on e-commerce rules and regulations governing website advertising and trading
- Advising on internet advertising compliance
- Advising on the protection of brands
- Providing master service agreements for internet service providers
- Providing companies with a standard set of documents for use on websites.