Following are some key points to consider when deciding whether to go into franchising:
- You must be prepared to sell and you will need entrepreneurial flair. A franchise gives you a business blueprint but it won't automatically give you customers.
- You'll need to work hard, probably for long hours. Do you have the necessary dedication?
- Running your own business can be stressful. Think how you react to pressure.
- You may be starting up in business because you want to be your own boss. If so, would you be happy with the restrictions imposed by a franchise arrangement?
- On the other hand, you may want to limit your risk. You might be more comfortable with a franchise than starting a new business from scratch.